Wednesday 9 May 2012

Recap with Pictures

So here is the long overdue Marathon Recap,  thank you to the commenter who reminded me - sadly Goggle didn't let me know i had a comment, but i was going to use my 1st free morning to post it anyway.  It been a morning filled with admin tasks, still trying to finish my YELA Gold away, at least finish the paperwork, now that i have completed my 60 hours volunteering - and being reminded i had volunteered to steward at a sponsored ride this sunday!  I really need to look further ahead in my diary.  i though it was just that last 2 weekends i was volunteering  - seems to!  Luckily the weather is due to improve.  So here's my race, in picture with captions, because the race itself was kind of uneventful.  It felt quite comfortable, until about mile 20 when i than had to put my head down & focus.  However there were no injuries for me, it really was a smooth run, not easy but there were no disasters.  I think however i will be giving myself a break next year though & give it a miss, but i'm not saying never again.
My handmade RDA pony mascot, made by Nan.


About mile 4, 1st chance to wave and smile at mum.

Spotted by my friend Mark, after the 1st little hill - i didn't see him though sadly!



mile 14, 2nd chance to see mum - completely different to last year where i was on the verge of floods of tears.  This year i was all smiles!

Mile 18,  I was with the 4hr 45 pacing group by then & decided i was pushing my luck if i tried to go faster than that - after all i was only aiming for under 5 hours originally!

The final 400m - fab shot mum!  sprinting (almost) for the line

Thank you to all who have sponsored me.  I haven't reached my target so far but  £2000 will pay for at least 2  of the 3 school terms - Ok, so sometimes i aim a little too high :) 

A dip in the sea after to ease the muscles, with a little choccie treat/reward. I'm sure it was colder than last year!


And a warm welcome home to Nan's.


As soon as i have all the money in & complete i will post a final total that has been raised for Bambers Green RDA.

THANK YOU! to all who have sponsored me!  I will be drawing the prize draw on the 15 which is a month after the run.


(And now i'm going to be late for work Ooops!)




No comments:

Post a Comment